Date: 4/15/18 7:38 pm
From: George Hammond <worldsmith...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Vulture Lynching in Clinton

> On Apr 15, 2018, at 8:03 PM, Jacques Mersereau <jacmer...> wrote:
>
> After hearing reports about the troubles - harassment - vultures are going through in Clinton, MI, I am disappointed and horrified to report that come cretin or cretins have killed and strung up a vulture on the Community Center on Tecumseh Rd.
>
> We are going to contact the Conservation Officer and have this crime looked into.

Hello Jacques and all,

Before you take up a lot of time, you might want to find out if that’s a real vulture. One of the methods recommended for driving off roosting vultures is to hang effigies of dead vultures in the place where they roost.
https://forestry.ca.uky.edu/vulture_deter

You can buy “vulture scare decoys” online from several sources, e.g.
https://www.amazon.com/Vulture-Effigy-Deters-Vultures-Buzzards/dp/B075HLYDCG

There is some evidence that this works.
https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/birdstrike2008/16/

regards,