Date: 4/15/18 6:57 pm
From: Don Simonson <don.r.simonson...>
Subject: [MDBirding] FOS Birds MONT CO
One GRAY CATBIRD materialized mid-afternoon in my yard today in Darnestown. A surprising flock of 18 DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANTS flew north overhead. Five Woodpeckers species:Downy, Hairy (infrequent visitor tho breeding nearby), Red-bellied, Flicker, and a pair of Pileateds, the female eating from one suet feeder while the male ate from the adjoining one.

At Hughes Hollow this morning, saw and heard my first of year: WHITE-EYED VIREO (200 yards due south of the main impoundment, on east side of dirt road, opposite the stand of pines; four BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHERS, and a GREEN-BACKED HERON on the way out after running into Clive Harris.

Yesterday Saturday 4/14, saw my FOY LOUSIANA WATERTHRUSH (in Seneca State Park, 4 heard at one spot on Berryville Road, 1/4 mile north of its intersection with Poplar Hill Road) and PARULA WARBLER (2) 1/2 mile north of Poplar Hill Rd. also 5 FIELD SPARROWS.
Good birding!
Don Simonson, Darnestown MD