Date: 4/15/18 6:13 pm
From: ALAN MART <a.mart67...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] NJ Audubon's Hidden Waters of Hunterdon Field Trip
Yesterday's walk benefited from fine weather and good birding. We kicked off the day at Solitude Lake and were treated to a Bald Eagle that flew in from the far end of the lake, banked about 75' overhead, and then circle out over the lake were it grabbed a fish from the water directly in front of us. Who needs bins! We also enjoy No. Waterthrush sing along the river and the Wood Duck and species attracted to the lake and surrounding area. Echo Hill Park provided a change in habit which provided a number of species to our day including Pine and Palm Warbler and Blue-gray Gnatcatchers. We finished up at Assiscong Marsh which again gave a shift in habitat and variety of species. Overall a very pleasant day. Thanks to fellow naturalist Hank Burk for his assistance.

Alan Mart (High Bridge)

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>
List archives: https://lists.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=jerseybi