Date: 4/15/18 2:34 pm
From: Steve Kornfeld <sbkornfeld...>
Subject: [COBOL] Tumalo State Park - Fox Sparrow - Slate-colored ??
COBOL,

Lots of activity at Tumalo State Pak (downstream from the bridge). Lots of Ruby-crowned Kinglets with plenty of Hermit Thrush and Lincolns Sparrow. Two Yellowthroat noted,

A Fox Sparrow came up to pishing. To my eye clearly not a Sooty. I saw plenty of Sooty in the same area 10 days ago. None today. The breast and flank pattern seemed most consistent with Slate-colored. I am not sure when our breeding Thick-billed arrive. This should be a perfect time for Migrating Slate-colored to be coming from the south and west heading through our area to the North and East. A lot of discussion on OBOL recently on this topic . I still find it challenging to sort our “small billed” Thick billed from Slate-colored.

Any thoughts on what to expect this time of year

Thanks

Steve Kornfeld