Date: 4/15/18 1:34 pm
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [COBOL] Weekend Birding
I dashed out to Sawyer Park this morning in between light rain showers. It
was fairly dead until a brief break in the precipitation. At that point a
large mixed flock of warblers passed by on the east side of the river by the
Shilo Motel in the alders and then northward to the tall cottonwoods. This
flock consisted of at least a dozen Yellow-rumps and 4 Orange-crowned
Warblers of the lutescens subspecies. This is the brightest of the
Orange-crowns. In the fall we get a lot more celata with the gray heads.
At the same time a big push of swallows of five species came through which
headed out when the next round of showers began. Here's a full list of what
I saw:

Canada Goose (moffitti/maxima) 4

Mallard (Northern) 5

Turkey Vulture 1

Osprey 1

Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 3

Eurasian Collared-Dove 2

Mourning Dove 4

Northern Flicker (Red-shafted) 1

California Scrub-Jay 1

American Crow 2

Common Raven 1

Northern Rough-winged Swallow 2

Tree Swallow 25

Violet-green Swallow 25

Barn Swallow 10

Cliff Swallow 2

Mountain Chickadee 2

Bushtit (Interior) 2

Pygmy Nuthatch 3

Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2

American Robin 4

Orange-crowned Warbler 4

Yellow-rumped Warbler (Audubon's) 12

Song Sparrow 2

Lincoln's Sparrow 1

Red-winged Blackbird 30

House Finch 6

Late yesterday afternoon I went out to Hatfield to enjoy the "sun and
warmth." Although the thermometer said 55 degrees (as opposed to the
predicted 61). But the 20mph winds made it feel more like 40. Things have
not changed much in the past few days. Here's the full list:

Canada Goose (moffitti/maxima) 6

Tundra Swan 2

Cinnamon Teal 5

Northern Shoveler 45