Date: 4/15/18 12:49 pm
From: <aurore...> [osbirds] <osbirds...>
Subject: [osbirds] Re: Major migrant movement- even more -and yet another
Just looked out the window and there is a flicker out there. He's flying around the feeder trying to see what all the fuss is about. I have a great look at the brilliant gold of the underside of the wings as he flits about- yellow shafted.He'd probably eat some of the suet I had out there except the downy, hairy and red-bellied woodpeckers finished it off yesterday. I'll have to look at the woodpecker tree around the corner to see if the flickers are nesting there. It's a big old hollow dead tree that the woodpeckers love to peck on- nice resonance. The flickers will do their courtship dance on it.

Join us on Facebook!