Date: 4/15/18 12:43 pm
From: Katherine Kuckens via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Extralimital
Sorry if this is inappropriate for the digest....Just returned from 14 days
in Germany, where the green grass, flowering trees, and especially local
birds are weeks ahead of Connecticut. I saw many birds that looked so like
our goldfinches but with a darker gold overall color. What surprised me
the most was how LOUD all these birds were, 24 hours a day! The tiniest
birds were making the most shrill cries, whistles, and songs. I wonder
how they evolved to be so much louder than their "American Cousins."

Katherine Kuckens