Date: 4/15/18 9:49 am
From: Gregory Hanisek via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] more on Bantam L
Following up on Frany Zygmont's post, I ran into him as he was leaving and
he told me about the Bonies etc. I spent an hour plus around Point Folly
and Town Beach. I saw the Bonaparte's Gulls and never had more than 5 at a
time, but they were flying up and down the lake and there could have been
more. I came up with c. 50 Buffleheads and tucked into one bunch were 4
Horned Grebes in nice alternate plumage. Five Common Loons also were in
full breeding regalia. There were 2 Bald Eagles, and a walk through the
campground produced a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher along with some Palm Warblers
and a Yellow-rumped Warbler.

Greg Hanisek
Waterbury