Date: 4/15/18 9:14 am
From: Marc Ribaudo via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Leesylvania State Park migrants
I visited Leesylvania State Park in Woodbridge this morning, and ended up with 60 species. I had several notable sightings. Top bird was orchard oriole, 2 of which were singing in the picnic area. I heard the familiar song first, and found them just as they took off and headed north. Northern parulas have arrived in good numbers to join the numerous yellow-throated warblers. I heard an ovenbird and two Louisiana waterthrushes along the Powell's Creek trail. Two spotted sandpipers were along the shore of the picnic area. A savannah sparrow, unusual for the park, was behind the visitor's center. A peregrine flew over near Powell's creek, and a raven flew over the entrance road. I also heard a house wren at Bushy Point and a white-eyed vireo at Freestone Point.

Marc Ribaudo
<moribaudo...>