Date: 4/14/18 9:59 pm
From: Jim Berry <jim.berry3...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Daniel Boone Park and the town wharf, Ipswich, Apr 14, 2018
Daniel Boone Park, Ipswich

Apr 14, 2018 10:40 AM - 12:15 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.3 mile(s)
Comments: I finally found out where the ruby-crowned kinglets are. Baker's Pond was loaded with both kinglet species and palm and yellow-rumped warblers. Many of them were flycatching over the pond. Even 2 or 3 pine warblers joined in the flycatching.
30 species (+1 other taxon); partial list:

Cooper's Hawk 1
Greater Yellowlegs 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 2
Downy Woodpecker 6
Northern Flicker 2 not seen
Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) 2
Merlin 1
Eastern Phoebe 1
Fish Crow 1 One twice or two. The American crows seemed not to want it around.
Black-capped Chickadee 6
Tufted Titmouse 7
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
Golden-crowned Kinglet 4
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 12 Many males sang and flashed their ruby crowns. What a welcome sound and sight.
Hermit Thrush 3
American Robin 23
Palm Warbler (Yellow) 8
Pine Warbler 2
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle) 7
Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored) 4
White-throated Sparrow 1
Brown-headed Cowbird 4
American Goldfinch 12

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44564274

Ipswich River -- Town Wharf, Ipswich
Apr 14, 2018 10:25 AM - 10:30 AM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments: I went here to see if the rough-winged swallows had arrived and saw one. But no waterfowl or gulls.
3 species

Wild Turkey 6 across the river
American Crow 3
Northern Rough-winged Swallow 1