Date: 4/14/18 8:19 pm
From: Glenn d'Entremont <gdentremont1...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Wompatuck SP, Hingham et al 4/14/18
Finally, bird lots of bird song. Very noisy for the first 1/2 hour or so with everything territorializing. Through all this I heard what must have been a one car accident on probably Prospect street with screeching tires, a quiet second, then a muffled thud (hit a tree?). Five minutes later sirens. This is about 1 mile (or more) from the Holly Pond Road which is why I even mention it. Sound was carrying well. Interestingly some stuff only began singing when the sun hit the tops of trees. This included the waterthrush behind the dam at Holly Pond. Water level low on Aaron Brook so this bird might not stay? Must have been a push on Golden-crowned kinglets today as I had 10 at Scusset Beach SP. Where are all the White-throateds? What is the Hooded Merganser doing at Boundary Pond seemingly following a male Wood Duck? Had to get my spring birding in before winter (tomorrow it returns).

Glenn

Wompatuck SP, Plymouth, Massachusetts, US
Apr 14, 2018 5:45 AM - 8:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
39 species

Canada Goose 3
Wood Duck 6
Hooded Merganser 1 female, seemingly follow a male Wood Duck
Black-crowned Night-Heron 1
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) X
Mourning Dove 1
Barred Owl (Northern) 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 4
Downy Woodpecker (Eastern) 7
Hairy Woodpecker (Eastern) 3
Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) 3
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Eastern Phoebe 6
Blue Jay 15
American Crow 2
Black-capped Chickadee 23
Tufted Titmouse 14
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1
White-breasted Nuthatch (Eastern) 7
Brown Creeper 8
Winter Wren 2
Golden-crowned Kinglet 2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 7
Hermit Thrush 3
American Robin 13
Louisiana Waterthrush 1
Palm Warbler (Yellow) 16
Pine Warbler 12
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle) 2
Chipping Sparrow 3
Fox Sparrow (Red) 1
Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored) 4
Song Sparrow 4
Northern Cardinal 7
Red-winged Blackbird (Red-winged) 2
Brown-headed Cowbird 6
Common Grackle 8
American Goldfinch 6

Glenn d'Entremont: <gdentremont1...> Stoughton, MA

Join us on Facebook!