Date: 4/14/18 7:40 pm
From: Josh <opihi...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Pileated at my suet
We moved into our home in Amherst in 2009. For the first several years, I would occasionally hear and rarely see Pileated off in the woods, usually at a great distance, but almost never would they come anywhere near the house. Then, last March, a female Pileated discovered my suet feeders, first the ones on the deck, then the others just outside my office window. She came in regularly through the rest of the spring, until late June, when I stopped seeing her. The species went back to its usual more distant habits for the rest of the summer, fall, and winter… until a couple of weeks ago, when I saw one at my feeders again, and then another time. Hoping that she’ll become a regular again this spring….

JSR

Joshua S. Rose, Ph.D.
Amherst, MA
http://bugguide.net/user/view/2399
https://www.facebook.com/opihi

> On Apr 14, 2018, at 3:51 PM, Sandy Selesky <sandyselesky...> wrote:
>
> Does anybody else get Pileated woodpeckers on their deck feeders? I never thought it was possible!!
>
> Sandy Selesky
> Westford, MA
> <sandyselesky...> <mailto:<sandyselesky...>

Join us on Facebook!