Date: 4/14/18 6:49 pm
From: James P Smith <keenbirder...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Gill - Sandhill Cranes
Greetings birders,

My son and I had two Sandhill Cranes flying along Main Road in Gill this
evening at about 5:30pm. The birds appeared to be looking for a
resting/roosting place and touched down briefly in the fields of Upinngil
Farm to the west of Main Road but continued north-east soon after. We were
unable to relocate them after checking several suitable fields close-by.
Although fairly brief, I did manage to take a couple of records shots which
can be seen here;

https://pioneerbirding.blogspot.com/2018/04/ma-sandhill-cranes-in-gill.html

Other birds of interest included a first-cycle Bonaparte's Gull at Barton
Cove in Gill.

Singing Louisiana Waterthrushes started to appear in Gill from the 12th.

Good birding,

James

Join us on Facebook!