Date: 4/14/18 4:38 pm
From: Kojo Baidoo <baidookojo6...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Fort Smallwood Park today
An excellent day at the park today. A walk around the loop yielded Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Palm, Pine, Yellow-rumped, and a very unexpected Worm-eating Warbler. Later, a Prairie Warbler was also found, a bright and very hungry female. Hawks were flying as well, and I was happy to see my first Broad-winged Hawks of the season, along with both small falcons, accipiters, the usual suspects. After a while, though, they were quite high and hard to see against the blue sky, and the heat made many other birds prefer to stay cool and hidden. All in all, though, a great day, with some nice surprises.

Prairie Warbler: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132863360@N02/39650748310/in/dateposted-public/

Checklist: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44576377