Date: 4/14/18 10:30 am
From: 'Bill Rapai' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: [birders] Kirtland's Warbler inter-agency MOU
Birders:

One of the members of this list has expressed interest in seeing the Memorandum of Understanding signed by the Michigan DNR, the U.S. Forest Service, and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service that binds them to ongoing Kirtland's Warbler management efforts. The MOU can be found at:

https://www.fws.gov/midwest/endangered/birds/Kirtland/pdf/KIWA_MOU27April2011.pdf

Full disclosure: I know there have been some amendments to this MOU since it was published in 2011. I am not privy to every discussion between agencies, but I do know one of the amendments reflects a change in who has responsibility for cowbird trapping. There may be others.

The Kirtland's Warbler Breeding Range Conservation Plan can be found at:

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/Kirtlands_Warbler_CP_457727_7.pdf

In the for what it's worth department, both Wisconsin and Ontario have similar plans.

Bill Rapai
Grosse Pointe

Author of Brewed in Michigan: The New Golden Age of Brewing in the Great Beer State, which has been named a Michigan Notable Book for 2018 by the Library of Michigan. http://www.wsupress.wayne.edu/books/detail/brewed-michigan

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<162c5354af6-179a-114b6...>