Date: 4/14/18 10:30 am
From: Paul Wells <pfwells51...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Palm Warblers, Kinglets etc in Arundel/Kennebunk
Just home from a walk on the Eastern Trail, south from the Limerick Road
trailhead in Arundel to the bridge over the Maine Tpk in Kennebunk (York
County). The area where the trail crosses the Kennebunk River is a bit of a
birding hot spot, but hadn't expected to find much there today. Pleasantly
surprised to see a few FOYs -- Palm Warblers (at least 4), both
Ruby-Crowned and Gold-Crowned Kinglets (at least two of each), and a single
White-throated Sparrow -- along with numerous Phoebes, Song Sparrows, and
several other expected species.

Before the walk we had a FOY Belted Kingfisher working the small pond on
Campground Road across from the Arundel Diner, near US1.

A couple of FOY Northern Flickers in the yard when we got home.

pfw
Paul F. Wells
West Kennebunk, ME
USA

"That’s the good thing about science: It’s true whether or not you believe
in it."
--Neil deGrasse Tyson