Date: 4/13/18 4:56 pm
From: Cherrie Corey <cherrie.corey62...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Migration wave this week
Phoebes returned this week and began singing today. A pine and palm warbler and a white-throated sparrow arrived today and spent the afternoon feeding in the grass and the season’s left over birdseed outside our kitchen window. The chipping sparrows that arrived earlier in the week raised their voices with the pine and palm warblers, offering the perfect opportunity to compare their similar song patterns that each year at this time confound our winter-weary ears. Other weekly encounters included yesterday's bald eagle on the ice at the head of Harriman Reservoir in Wilmington and an accipiter, red-tailed hawk, and six military helicopters flying south to north past the Hogback Mtn. overlook on Rte. 9 in Marlboro. A goshawk shrieked a warning at our sizable wildlife tracking group as we unwittingly appeared in its territory last Sunday in the Harrisville Brook watershed.

Oh for this taste of spring! Hang in there through this next weather wallop, everyone.

Cherrie Corey
Marlboro, VT

Join us on Facebook!