Date: 4/13/18 4:39 pm
From: pepherup--- via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] FOS Towhee and Gnatcher

This evening I had a male towhee in the yard and a blue-gray gnatcatcher in the trees off the deck. An influx of ruby crowned kinglets began to show up toward the end of last week and are still here.
Walking around Hutter's Lake where I now live, cliff swallows, a ban swallow or two, tree swallows, and rough winged swallows were around in large numbers. The double crested cormorants began to
arrive about two weeks ago starting with one and are now up to 5. One lone female bufflehead was still present in the lake yesterday.
Feeders on my deck have attracted blue birds, goldfinches, Carolina wrens, titmouse, chickadees, cardinals, white throats, juncos, downy, hairy and red bellied woodpeckers. A brown thrasher
appeared a little over a week ago.
,
Peggy Lyons
from my new abode