Date: 4/13/18 2:45 pm
From: Shaibal Mitra <Shaibal.Mitra...>
Subject: RE: [nysbirds-l] Dark-bellied Brant (B.b.bernicla) in Brooklyn
Hi Doug and all,

I think this bird looks very good for bernicla. The flank pattern (not boldly and broadly white), the dark upperparts, and the smoky tone to the gray-brown parts of the plumage are all appropriate for bernicla, and the first and last of these three characters differ from the condition in the birds that we have tentatively identified as Gray-bellied Brant in the East.

Best,
Shai