Date: 4/13/18 2:21 pm
From: Fred Shaffer <glaucousgull...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Little Gull at Chestertown WWTP
I birded Kent County today, visiting Eastern Neck National Wildlife Refuge (NWR), Chesapeake Farms and Chestertown Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP). The highlight was an adult Little Gull at the Chestertown WWTP.  The bird was flying back and forth over the water and the black underwing was well seen. I was expecting a lot of Bonaparte's Gulls at this location, but only two gulls were present: the Little Gull and one Bonaparte's Gulls. I viewed the Little Gull for 10 or 15 minutes, but was unable to relocate it before I left.  I didn't see it leave, but it may have set down on the water out of view.  Other highlights from the day included a group of Least Terns at Bogles Wharf, an American Pipit along the gravel road leading to the visitors center at the NWR, and decent numbers of Bonaparte's Gulls at a variety of locations. Passerines were scarce, perhaps due to the wind, but I did hear both Pine Warblers and one Yellow-throated Warbler near the NWR visitors center. Good birding,
Fred <ShafferGlaucousGull...>, Anne Arundel