Date: 4/13/18 11:38 am
From: Karyn Delaney <delaneykaryn...>
Subject: Fwd: eBird Report - Knob Hill Park, Apr 13, 2018
Subject: Allegheny County eBird Report - Knob Hill Park - FOY Birds, Apr
13, 2018

After seeing good birds in the yard, I walked Knob Hill for several hours
today. FOY birds were: 2 Winter Wrens, 11 Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, 4
Hermit Thrush, 1 Yellow-rumped Warbler, 13 Ruby-crowned Kinglets, 1 Fox
Sparrow, 3 Field Sparrows, 4 Northern Flickers, 4 male Towhee (saw females
there previously), 2 Eastern Phoebe, 1 female Red-winged Blackbird, and 8
Cowbirds. Amazing numbers today. A beautiful day to be outside, and to
think we wore gloves birding at Cedar Creek on Wednesday morning!

Karyn Delaney

Knob Hill Park, Allegheny, Pennsylvania, US
Apr 13, 2018 10:30 AM - 1:50 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.15 mile(s)
Comments: 1 White-tailed Deer, 1 Bull Frog at Vernal Pool
32 species

Turkey Vulture 2
Red-tailed Hawk 2
Mourning Dove 3
Red-bellied Woodpecker 3
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 11 FOY. I walked the entire park from the
ball fields parking lot, along the Knob Hill Trail, Shadow Wood Trail,
DeArment and Summit Trails, and along the disc golf course perimeter. I am
certain of the count, and in fact, I believe I am underestimating the
number. I do know where to look for these birds during migration in this
park, and they were in these particular areas in great number.
Downy Woodpecker 3
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 4 FOY
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Eastern Phoebe 2 FOY
Blue Jay 9
American Crow 5
Black-capped Chickadee 6
Tufted Titmouse 3
White-breasted Nuthatch 4
Brown Creeper 1
Winter Wren 2 FOY. 1 along Shadow Wood Trail in downed trees viewed
for 10 minutes; 2nd along creek bed of DeArment Trail.
Golden-crowned Kinglet 10
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 13 FOY
Hermit Thrush 4 FOY
American Robin 24
European Starling 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler 1 FOY
Field Sparrow 3 FOY
Fox Sparrow 1 FOY
Dark-eyed Junco 17 including a migrating flock of 12
Song Sparrow 9
Eastern Towhee 11 4 FOY male, 3 female, 4 heard only
Northern Cardinal 10
Red-winged Blackbird 5 1 FOY female, 4 male
Brown-headed Cowbird 8 FOY
American Goldfinch 1

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44529511