Date: 4/13/18 10:57 am
From: Herbert Larner via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Early morning Augusta County
Hello all

This morning I ventured out just before day break in the Big Levels areas of Augusta County . Upon entering the area I saw my first target bird a Chuck - will's - widow & a little bit later I heard my first Whip - poor - will . As the day light came into play , I was over at Shenrando Lake where I had at least 5 + La. Waterthrush & a couple of Blue Headed Vireo's . After that I went back into Big Levels & had a Broad - winged Hawk perch just above my head ( I was still in the vehicle ) & a few more BH Vireo's . At the Augusta Wetlands Another Broad - winged & a few yellow - rump's & about 20 Ruby - crowned Kinglets . At Smith's a few Green - winged Teal & at the Boy Scout Lake a Common Loon in breeding plumage . Bell's Lane at the Beaver pond was 4 Blue - winged Teal .
Not a bad Friday the 13th in Augusta County .

Allen Larner
Staunton