Date: 4/13/18 10:06 am
From: Tim Carney <timmyc83...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Masonville and a little bit of Swan Creek, 4/13/2018
Masonville was excellent this morning. I won't have my numbers tabulated until next week, but I wanted to report the highlights. I found a GRASSHOPPER SPARROW and a WHITE-EYED VIREO behind the Education Center. Two VESPER SPARROWS flushed from near the fenceline separating Access Zones 1 and 2. There was a very distant WHITE-WINGED SCOTER out behind the offshore barge where the Common Terns nest.

Savannah Sparrows outnumbered all other sparrows, including Song Sparrows.

Masonville is open 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM on weekdays and 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM on Saturdays. The site is closed on Sundays. Sign in at the Education Center.

After I left, I briefly stopped at Swan Creek to run an errand. I saw one of the continuing AMERICAN AVOCETS. Linda Vitchock informed me of a possible Yellow-headed Blackbird with a cowbird flock along Kembo Rd, but the flock dispersed before I arrived.

Tim Carney
Parkville, MD