Date: 4/13/18 10:03 am
From: Scott Barnes <scott.barnes...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Linden Hawk Rise, Sandy Hook trip moved to Sat
Jerseybirds,

The highlight our the NJ Audubon Hawk Rise trip today was a flock of 10 Rusty Blackbirds that showed well and did lots of vocalizations. Also at the sanctuary were Red-throated Loon (locally uncommon), and typical April migrants like both sp. of yellowlegs, No. Rough-winged Swallow, gnatcatcher, and both kinglets. Hawk Rise bird walks are free; details can be found on the NJA website.

Also, I am moving this weekend's "All Things Birds" Sandy Hook field trip to Saturday Apr 14 (was scheduled for Sun). Southwest winds at the hook always make me happy, and that's the forecast tomorrow. This fee-based trip meets at Lot B by the bathrooms at 8:45 am and ends at 2 pm.

Good birding,

Scott Barnes
Program Director, All Things Birds
Assistant Director, Eco-Travel