Date: 4/13/18 7:38 am
From: Carole Winslow <cjwinslow94...>
Subject: Clarion Co- yellow-throated warbler, blue-headed vireo, Louisiana waterthrush
Oh how happy I am for this warm and wonderful day ! I expected some new
birds today after watching the migration prediction for last night and I
wasn't disappointed. I went for a run this morning on the Redbank Valley
Trail at Lawsonham and headed down towards Redbank. I went about 1.6 miles
down and turned and in that distance found 3 singing Louisiana waterthrush,
a blue-headed vireo singing and best of all a yellow-throated warbler ! I
was stopped at a small run and trying to get a recording of the waterthrush
when I noticed another bird foraging in the trees mid-level. Bright,
stunning yellow throat and the lovely black and white patterned back, what
a treat. It was close enough that I could actually see it pretty well
despite not even having bins with me. It wasn't singing. I am happy to see
them back at this location which is proving to be a reliable spot for them
in summer as breeders. Lots of phoebes were calling as well and a
scattering of golden-crowned kinglets, no ruby-crowns yet. A great day to
be out, enjoy the day !

Carole Winslow
Sligo, Clarion Co.

Join us on Facebook!