Date: 4/13/18 4:56 am
From: Eduardo del Solar <delsolar...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Franklin Park/Forest Hills Cemetery
Earlier this week I went to Franklin Park and saw an Eastern Screech Owl basking under the sun. Yesterday I returned to that spot to photograph the basking owl. After that I went Forest Hills Cemetery. Looks like the pair of red tailed hawks I saw mating earlier in the week are setting up nest, a fact I discovered as I saw the male catching prey and flying close to their nest. At Hibiscus Lake grackles were quite active, but no red-wing blackbirds yet. This time I lucked! Instead of seeing the local Kingfisher two of them show up giving a nice display before they flew into the other pond at Franklin Park. Images from yesterday are below.
http://www.delsolar.org/webs/birds/franklinfhc18/content/_32A7918_large.html

Eduardo del Solar
Boston, Mass
<delsolar...>