Date: 4/12/18 1:53 pm
From: 'MikeBowen' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Vesper Sparrow at Wheaton Branch Stormwater Ponds
Made a brief stop at these ponds off Dennis Avenue in Wheaton (Montgomery County) just after noon today, en route to Costco Wheaton for mega-shopping. To my surprise, there was a Vesper Sparrow, clearly a migrant, at the edge of one of the ponds. Stayed around just long enough to get some photos. First time I've seen this species here. Pics embedded in my checklist at: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44496960