Date: 4/12/18 1:54 pm
From: Gail Johnson <00000103bc917fb6-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Off topic - Southern Flying Squirrels at Bradford Dam, Bucks County
I was down near the water at 9:30am this morning in a wet, secluded area near the creek that frequently floods, and spotted what I believe were Southern Flying Squirrels. They were flying at a little above eye height from one snag pocked with woodpecker holes to another. They would leap and fly from one snag to another, land with all 4 feet, and scurry up the snag and into a woodpecker hole. They were small, tan on the back, white on the belly, and in mainly deciduous growth. That was a lifer for me. Since these guys are apparently mostly nocturnal, I felt very lucky to see them easily. After I figured out what they were, I left them in peace, since I'm sure they weren't that happy to have me around.

Gail Johnson, Warminster, Bucks

Join us on Facebook!