Date: 4/12/18 10:06 am
From: 'Marcy Stutzman' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Oxbow Lake: Beaver dam breached, water level low, lots of mud

-----Original Message-----
From: ebird-checklist
To: Marcia Stutzman
Sent: Thu, Apr 12, 2018 1:00 pm
Subject: eBird Report - Oxbow Lake, Apr 12, 2018

Oxbow Lake, Anne Arundel, Maryland, US
Apr 12, 2018 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.25 mile(s)

Comments: Conditions: 67°F, sunny, partly cloudy, Wind S 6 mph, Gusts 8 mph. I was saddened by all the mud I saw as I approached the lake. One look at the beaver dam told the story. It appears that the entire center of the beaver dam is gone. Whether due to humans or Mother Nature is unknown. Tomorrow I plan take pictures to document. The lake is greening up so there was not a lot to see, except for the Caspian Tern hunting along the western shoreline!

14 species

Canada Goose 4
Mallard 2
Great Blue Heron 2