Date: 4/12/18 7:43 am
From: Bridget Butler <birddiva...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Volunteers Needed for Forest Bird Surveys
Greetings!

I'm looking for a couple of birders to volunteer for a bird survey with Cold
Hollow to Canada <https://www.coldhollowtocanada.org/>.

The commitment is to two mornings in the month of June between 5 and 9 am
in good weather. Knowledge of forest birds by sight and sound is necessary.
I can train folks if need be. If you've done Forest Bird Monitoring for the
Vermont Center for Ecostudies we use similar protocols developed by Audubon
Vermont for the Forest Bird Initiative.

The purpose of collecting this data is to get baseline data for landowners
participating in the Cold Hollow to Canada Woodlots Program.
<https://www.coldhollowtocanada.org/what/woodlots/> The data will be used
to understand how forest management practices benefit forest birds. Cold
Hollow to Canada is partnering with Audubon Vermont on this project; they
provide a habitat assessment of each landowners property, CHC then provides
technical & financial assistance to the landowners to implement recommended
management practices for birds, wildlife and climate resilience.

Properties that will be monitored are in the towns of Enosburgh, Richford
and Montgomery. We're hoping to set up a couple of sites this year, with
subsequent sites set up over the next four years.

This is a wonderful way to contribute to a local conservation project
focused on birds and wildlife, while at the same time building on your
birding skills and getting out into the woodlands during one of the most
magical times of day for birds.

Bridget

*Bridget Butler*

*Bird Diva Consulting*