Date: 4/12/18 7:03 am
From: Ashley Peele via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Top Atlas Locations: The Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula
Together the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula offer an array of habitats
ranging from fresh and saltwater marshes, to dense forests, grasslands,
Chesapeake Bay beaches, and miles of rivers, including the Rappahannock,
York, and Potomac. For VABBA2 participants, the area is one of our most
diverse, and least covered. Should you decide to pay a visit, here’s a
story about this beautiful region and some of our favorite birding
locations...

https://ebird.org/atlasva/news/top-va-atlas-locations-the-northern-neck-and-middle-peninsula

If you're looking for a good excuse to visit this region, the VABBA2 will
be holding an *Atlas workshop in conjunction with the Rappahannock River
NWR on Sunday, April 22nd*, at refuge headquarters in Warsaw. For details
about this event or to register, check out
https://goo.gl/forms/0wE9xNBe591TZc3D2

For information about other upcoming Atlas events this Spring and Summer,
see the Atlas events page at http://amjv.org/index.php/vabba2/atlas-events

Thanks to all of our volunteers who are putting in the time to start
collecting data for our third(!) field season. *Don't forget to consult
the Breeding Timeline Charts
<http://amjv.org/index.php/vabba2/getting-involved> *to verify that a given
species is actually within the 'safe' breeding window. This is time of
year when many of us can be easily tricked by passing migrants who display
early breeding behaviors.

Happy birding!

Ashley Peele, PhD
Virginia Breeding Bird Atlas Coordinator
Conservation Management Institute - Virginia Tech
Office: 540-231-9182
Fax: 540-231-7019