Date: 4/11/18 5:07 pm
From: Dave Tracy <davidctracy...>
Subject: [COBOL] ECAS Birding By Ear Tuesday April 10th
Yesterday saw a decent influx of birds at Sawyer Park following the change in weather.  We had lots of vocalizing birds and a few first of the season migrants to keep things lively.  Also noted several species gathering nesting material.  Here's the list:

Sawyer Park, Deschutes, Oregon, USApr 10, 2018 8:00 AM - 9:30 AMProtocol: Traveling1.0 mile(s)Comments:    ECAS Birding By Ear group37 species
Greater White-fronted Goose  90    High flying V going north, not many records during our BBE walksCanada Goose  15Mallard  25California Quail  10Cooper's Hawk  1Red-tailed Hawk  2American Coot  2Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)  7Eurasian Collared-Dove  2Mourning Dove  15Anna's Hummingbird  2Northern Flicker  7Steller's Jay  10California Scrub-Jay  2Northern Rough-winged Swallow  3  First of season for BBE groupTree Swallow  75Violet-green Swallow  20Mountain Chickadee  4Bushtit  2Pygmy Nuthatch  25Ruby-crowned Kinglet  4Townsend's Solitaire  3Hermit Thrush  1  First of season for BBE groupAmerican Robin  15European Starling  3Cedar Waxwing  12Yellow-rumped Warbler  1    First of season for BBE groupFox Sparrow  1    Sooty type, not one of our local breeding Thick-billedDark-eyed Junco  8White-crowned Sparrow  6 First of season for BBE groupSong Sparrow  10Lincoln's Sparrow  2  First of season for BBE groupSpotted Towhee  3Red-winged Blackbird  35  females have now showed up on territory at Sawyer ParkHouse Finch  25Lesser Goldfinch  15House Sparrow  6
View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44477818
Good birding,
<Davedave...>