Date: 4/11/18 3:55 pm
Subject: Say’s phoebe
I just relocated the Say’s phoebe reported on eBird earlier by Kevin Kobach at Clemson Cherry Farm facility.

Light gray back and wings, black tail, pale orange-rufus belly, flanks and under tail coverts. Pale wing bars. Hawking insects from barbed wire fence. Pumped tail when alighting but otherwise only occasionally. First seen with eastern phoebe for good comparison.

I just happened to be in Clemson for a geology continuing ed field trip and technical presentations and saw Kevin Kubach’s rare bird report and found the bird easily.
John Cox
Mount Pleasant, SC

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App

Join us on Facebook!