Date: 4/11/18 7:26 am
From: 'Marcy Stutzman' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Oxbow Lake directions, map & checklist
Looking for somewhere to bird in Anne Arundel County? May I suggest the Little Patuxent River Oxbow Lake Nature Preserve, Oxbow Lake, for short. It is freely available from dawn to dusk. Attached is the map and checklist I made. No bathroom facilities. Scope is helpful.

Directions: From the interchange of the BWI Parkway and Rte 198 turn north on Russett Green West. Drive .8 miles, turn north onto Oxbow Place. Do a U-turn before the second speed bump and park on the west side of Oxbow Place near the pedestrian crossing/main entrance (about halfway between the two speed bumps).

Start your search for warblers at the entrance in the trees lining Oxbow Place. Then head to the 2nd speed bump and follow the trail to NE Lakeside. Check for Wilson's Snipe along the edge of the peninsula jutting out into the lake. Then follow the trail all the way to Eagle's Head Cove. Be sure to stop and bird along the way!

There are lots of places on Rte 198 to grab something to eat and use the facilities in case you work up an appetite after birding at Oxbow Lake!

Marcy Stutzman
Russett, MD 20724
Oxbow Lake eBird Hotspot: https://ebird.org/hotspot/L470637