Date: 4/10/18 7:04 pm
From: Mike Sargent <msargent...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] northern harrier pair - Shelburne
This afternoon around 4:45 I was driving on Bishop Road in Shelburne when I saw a pair of northern harriers cruising around a large field on the south side of the road, near the Beaver Creek loop. There was a snow squall coming from an otherwise blue sky. The pair circled back and forth, making high-pitched, almost squeaky, calls. I posted a couple of composite photos. The birds were too far away for anywhere near quality detail, especially in the snow, but the photos do show the difference in size and coloring between the genders. Hopefully this will turn out to be a consistent place to see them this spring.

http://www.uvm.edu/~msargent/temp

Join us on Facebook!