Date: 4/10/18 4:18 pm
From: Steve Sanford <bwredbird...>
Subject: Purple Finches
I heard and saw my first-of-year Purple Finches this morning at the
Mahaney Area outside of Sharpsville. This is almost a yearly event for
me there about now, usually at the headquarters area, but this time
mainly along the power line crossing. First I had one heard-only by the
central play area. Then later I heard one again, then two, then got some
good looks at the extensive rosy color and the notched tails along the
power line crossing, which also included a Cooper's Hawk perched and
quacking.
Steve Sanford
Sharon PA