Date: 4/10/18 10:46 am
From: Stanley C Stahl <000000ccb896003a-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Cedar Waxwings, Lancaster County
About 30 or so Cedar Waxwings were feeding on the seed pods of a Japanese Pagoda tree at a plaza at the northeastern edge of Lancaster city.  They were there feeding on the pods 5 days ago, April 5th also.Last autumn, a friend of my wife sent us photos of seedpods of this small tree, and asked us what it was. I wasn’t even aware of this ornamental tree before. All winter I saw the greenish yellow hanging pods at numerous places around the suburban areas.I prefer to see more native plants growing in our suburbs, but it is interesting to see what birds are using.Stanley C. stahl

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

Join us on Facebook!