Date: 4/10/18 10:19 am
From: Chris Elphick via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Valentines meadow, Storrs
Hi Monica,

Valentine’s Meadow is the low wet field immediately to the south of Horsebarn Hill. Yesterday I had 4 snipe in the shallow pond at the east end - the best place to observe from is the parking area with a gas pump in the middle on the edge of some farm buildings (just before, and across the road from, the polo stadium). They are also sometimes along the steam at the west end but there is more vegetation for them to hide in there.

I’m not sure how much time of day matters but yesterday they were out in the open as I was walking back to my car at the end of the work day.

Chris

Chris Elphick
Storrs, CT
@ssts