Date: 4/10/18 5:52 am
From: Barbara Howell <bhowell12...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Dennis Oliver
The birding world lost a gentle giant when it lost Dennis Oliver. Back in the 80's when the Oliver twins, young Jason and I would do the Waltham/Lexington section of the Greater Boston Christmas Bird Count, Dennis always made it fun. He and David also made it a learning experience for me. The brothers always took the time to make sure I finally saw the bird that Dennis would spot so easily.
The trip I took with the Oliver twins and Barbara Drummond to Costa Rica was fun from start to finish. There was no need for a guide.We just rented a car and off we went. Barbara had been there before and spoke the language. The twins spotted the birds and Barbara heard what others didn't. I tagged along learning so much from Dennis and laughing so much with Dennis. Dennis was smart. Dennis was funny. Dennis was a top notch birder. Dennis was a thoughtful, kind, warm human being. Dennis will be greatly missed by all who had the privilege of knowing him.
Barbara Howell, Wayland, MA

Join us on Facebook!