Date: 4/10/18 4:25 am
From: Brian Williams via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Barn Island (Stonington), 9 April
An hour at high tide yesterday on Barn Island there were 15 great egrets, about six osprey, a tight-knit flock of ten lesser yellowlegs, four greater yellowlegs, ABDs, RBM (1), gulls, one chilly great blue heron.  One flock of at least thirty buffleheads 75% juvenile surfaced on Wequetecok Cove.  Six ruddy ducks seen in two groups of three, two fish crows, RWB and sparrows, titmice, chickadees, heard one YBS.  The peregrine was flying about and almost cruised right into an osprey ambush.

The osprey nest in the eastern impoundment is leaning about thirty degrees and I didn't know if I should report that or if it has been brought to the attention of the DEEP?  There was one osprey still on its nest despite the lean.  I can contact them by the end of the week.
Checklist is on ebird and shared to Ctbirdatlas and ctwaterbirds.
Brian Williams
Griswold