Date: 4/9/18 10:29 pm
From: SeEttaM <seettam...>
Subject: [cobirds] Wood Ducks very high up a tree, 'house hunting' along the Canon City Riverwalk
A few days ago while walking on the Canon City Riverwalk I spotted a male
Wood Duck high up in a large cottonwood tree about 70-80 feet above the
ground. I was really surprised as I have never seen a Wood Duck so high
above the ground. After watching it for a bit a female Wood Duck appeared
from behind a large branch in the same tree but about 10-15 feet below the
male. I took a pic that shows how high up the male was above the ground
that I have uploaded to my Birds and Nature blog
<https://birdsandnature.blogspot.com/2018/04/wood-ducks-way-high-up-in-tree.html>along
with information on Wood Duck house hunting.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com