Date: 4/9/18 3:19 pm
From: George W Gove <gwgove...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Black-crowned Night-Herons
This afternoon at Jenney Pond in Plymouth, we saw 9 Black-crowned
Night-Herons on the far bank of the pond from about half way down in the
parking lot where there were Gadwall feeding.

We also saw one Little Blue Heron and a Snowy Egret at Ellisville
Harbor. Another birder there saw two Little Blue Herons. The Little Blue
Heron that we saw popped up from a ditch and preened while standing on
cattails. We were there at 12:20 which should have been low tide but the
flats were covered with water deep enough for Bufflehead to be diving.
Perhaps there is some blockage at the outer beach that prevents the
water from outflowing to the bay; we hope this changes before shorebirds
arrive so that the flats will be uncovered at low tide.

George Gove & Judy Gordon
Marlboro

Join us on Facebook!