Date: 4/9/18 1:31 pm
From: James Weiner <james...>
Subject: [birders] Migrating ducks in full swing..
For the last few weeks (especially the last week or so) I have seen dozens
(seems like a hundred or more) of migrating waterfowl on Shawood Lake In
Novi (a mile north of 12 Oaks Mall from my living room window where I have
a spotting scope setup) including

Scaups (mostly Lesser)
Ring Neck ducks
Redhead ducks
Mergansers
Bufflehead

Grebes

Coots

plus the usual Mallards, Canada Geese, Mute Swans, etc.

I fully expect the migration to almost stop this week when the temperatures
get back to normal..

Oh.. and this morning there were 3 Great Blue Heron on my shore (about 35
ft from my window) ... majestic..

James T. Weiner

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<CAHL1kmJoOv9iPkXETTY_mXSXnz1ZHGHfaFTwnK_-ciKwC73h-A...>