Date: 4/9/18 11:48 am
From: Barbara Drummond <bdraraavis...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Dennis Oliver
Dennis and David go way back with Bill and me in the birding world. Dennis was with us in the heat of Guadalupe Canyon, AZ, searching for Thick-billed Kingbird and Violet-crowned Hummingbird. This was in the days before the Patons opened up their yard to observers. Dennis was with us on the top of the Rockies at Beartooth Pass, as we checked off Black Rosy-Finch. Dennis was with us as we negotiated rainforest waterways by shaky canoe in Ecuador, and when we barely missed being part of a head-on crash in the Andes of that country. And he was with us in our van as we watched a lioness bring down a zebra in Kenya. Through all this he was a wonderful companion, affable and funny. We last saw Dennis in spring of 2017 at Plum Island, thanks to Fay and Peter. He never gave up his love of birds and birding. His spirit remains with us.

Barbara and Bill Drummond
North Andover, MA
<bdraraavis...>

Join us on Facebook!