Date: 4/9/18 5:50 am
From: Warblerick <ricksussman1955...>
Subject: [MDBirding] A profusion of Chipping Sparrows
What Lydia experienced along Sycamore Landing Rd. with Palm Warblers yesterday, I'm experiencing this morning with Chipping Sparrows here in my yard. I should have known when there was one perched on a Droll Yankee hanging feeder, early, that something was up, as they are almost never feeding off the ground here, but when I went down to open my shop and scanned the yard, there were many dozens all across the grass. And, seemingly more arriving. A few juncos and a Field Sparrow were mixed in, but mostly Chipping Sparrows everywhere I looked!

Rick Sussman
Woodbine, MD