Date: 4/8/18 7:12 pm
From: Paul Plotnick via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Acronyms
"Banding codes" belong on leg bands and marginal field notes as were their
intended purpose, and in that context, they are commendable. We are
ostensibly trying to attract new birders and to use arcane code words is a
turnoff for sure. I've received 5 responses so far to my post and all
agreed with me. And to imply that using current AOU accepted names for our
beloved birds is equivalent to the use of obsolete and archaic names is
ridiculous and beneath comment.