Date: 4/8/18 5:45 pm
From: David Oliver <davido401...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Dennis Oliver
Hello Massbirders,

My best friend, my fellow birding companion for 45 years, and my twin brother passed away on Saturday morning. He put up a strong fight but got much worse since January and he finally lost that battle. He will be waked at Keefe Funeral Home on Chestnut Street in Arlington on Tuesday from 5 to 8 pm. I thank everyone who has already sent me thoughts and prayers and everyone else who will.

I will miss talking with him ever day but I will remember all the great times we birded together with all our birding friends across the country and the world. There have been so many great people that we shared birds with. You know what would please him, if he knew that everyone who has birded with him remembers, after reading this, a special or ordinary time you spent with him in the field sharing your love for birds. I couldn't do much for him at the end, but tell him about the robins who have suddenly sprung up everywhere or about all the grackles in the trees outside his hospital window, even though he couldn't see them. His favorite was the resident turkey outside Spaulding Hospital and when he was coherent would always ask about that turkey when I came to visit.

Dennis and I were born together and I'd like to think holding hands. On Saturday we held hands again.

David Oliver

David Oliver
60 Pleasant Street Apt 401
Arlington, MA 02476