Date: 4/8/18 5:32 pm
From: Yong Kong <yklitespeed...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Yong Comment [JERSEYBI] Godwit timing for Monday
Five Stars to Sir Jon Stippick for finding the Black-tailed Godwit at P'Town
Marsh, and NJ's Birding Ambassador Sandra for getting the word out !!

When I open the text alert I was on my way to the wrong Godwit corner and I
was at the wrong place. I was at Brig I shifting thru about 350-375 strong
egret flock at Gull Pond looking for a certain egret with a hippy pony tail
that we all know is not there. The largest egret flock I have seen at Brig
to date. I had my chance not to enter the dike drive and head over to the
P'Town Marsh. But I refused and headed over to the Brig's Godwit Corner (aka
The Dogleg) in search of shorebirds.

At the dogleg I looked at Sandra's ebird and her photos. And I had Sir Jon
Stippick's godwit fill cuz Sandra's fantastic photos, and felt there was no
need for me to head over to P'Town.

So I say to myself, why not look for another godwit at this famous Brig's
Godwit Corner ? Of course the bird-god did not give me a godwit. My
consolation prize was an American Golden-Plover.

While driving home, change of mind and decide to head over to P'town. Reason
? Not to look for the godwit but to experience the P'Town Table Effect in
live action. There were so many big-hitter-expert birders already there, I
was *almost* certain one of the birders would eventually yell out, * there
is a ruff !!!!*

Perhaps tomorrow, the P'Town Table Effect on the long lost P'Town Ruff will
happen.

Some of my photos of the day on my Flicker.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/56086564@N04/

Yong Kong
Camden County