Date: 4/8/18 12:52 pm
From: Poleysgmavt <poleys...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Things are stirring at the Sandbar
Visited the Sandbar today around noon. Saw 6 Osprey on platforms + 2 others perched on branches nearby. There was also one on the large tree nest near the north end of the State Park parking lot. There were also at least 12 GB herons staking our nest sites to the South of the line of nesting platforms.
Also present, mostly on the South side of the road we’re a fair number of Mallards, Blacks and Wood ducks. (Mostly Mallard pairs.)
About 20 to 30 yards out from the State Park beach there was a narrow band of open water. Present were 2 pairs of Ring-neck ducks, 2 pairs of Common goldeneye and a single male Common merganser.

Despite the weather, we’re thinking that Spring might be here.

Denis & Maria Poley
Richmond, VT
Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!