Date: 4/8/18 9:56 am
From: Mark Aronson via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Forest Products
8 April 2018, Lake Saltonstall White Trail, Branford.

Ignoring cautionary signs to keep out/watch out for active logging, I
walked an early Sunday morning White Trail at Lake Saltonstall. It
reminded me that even the suburban Connecticut shoreline has impressive
logging. The White Trail is a very different experience.

In spite of the saws, I spied several species I sought to see: winter wren,
swamp and chipping and sparrows, pine warblers. A bald eagle had a much
better view of the forest floor. Several woodpeckers didn't seem to mind
adding insult to injury, providing a coup de grace to trees remaining.

It will be interesting how White Trail Ebird lists change over the next
years.

Mark Aronson